Sunday 8 April 2012

Post Acne Scarring Treatments


My skin has always been a bit problematic. It's simulataneously greasy and dry, any make up I try just doesn't sit on it very well, it's got an uneven surface and colouring and it just won't be hidden under anything.

Anyway, I've had these red marks mainly on my cheeks since I was a teenager and had spots (thankfully I don't get them quite as often these days) and as they're clearly not making their own natural way off my face, I've recently been looking into treatments to remove them.

I've been trying bio-oil, thinking they were scars, but I've been using it day and night for over a month and they show no sign of budging, so I've been looking into other options:



What it claims: A clinically proven serum that visibly reduces dark spots, age spots, and traces of acne past.

My thoughts: This sounds about right, but I've read some very mixed reviews so I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money on it if it'll have no effect!



What it claims: Even after an acne blemish is gone, darkening of the area can persist for days or weeks afterward. This unique formula helps fade unwanted discoloration caused by breakouts or freckles by improving skin clarity two ways.

My thoughts: There are lots of positive reviews for this brand, despite me never having heard of it before, the description sounds about right, but my spots have been gone for years, the marks they've left behind are definately not temporary, so maybe I'll need something a bit stronger than this?



What it claims: This serum helps suppress uneven pigmentation and with regular usage, will lighten the skin to new levels of luminosity

My thoughts: At almost £50 this would be more than I'd ever paid for a beauty products, there's no explicit mention of acne scars in the description, but lactic acid and mulberry acid in the ingredients list sound like winners for cell renewal.



What it claims: Designed to visibly improve the appearance of skin discoloration associated with age spots, acne scarring, and sun damage, this treatment helps to reveal a more uniform complexion. 

My thoughts: I'm a fan of Philosphy products in general so have high hopes that this one will do the job. But at £52 it better!



 Zenmed Skin Eraser £23

What it claims: Ascorbic-Glycolic-Lactic acid fortified treatment effectively exfoliates the upper layers of the skin helping minimize imperfections, dullness, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, bumpiness and fine lines and wrinkles.

My thoughts: This one makes some pretty bold statements, claiming to save you thousands of pounds you'd day for peels and what not. All reviews of this seem to be positive, but I can't see any "genuine" reviews from other bloggers, everything that comes up seems very spammy. Saying that the Facebook page does have over 50,000 likes and the before and after photos are pretty compelling.

Do you suffer from acne scaring and have you tried any of the above treatments? I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations!

  

1 comment:

  1. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete