Thursday 6 August 2009

The Brazilian Glaze



According to Scottish hair stylish to the stars, Simon Hill, who’s worked on the tresses of Lily Cole and Shirley Manson, the newest Summer hair trend is the Brazilian Glaze.

This look involves highlighting naturally dark hair with honey, creamy caramel and cocoa tones. According to Hill, the highlights should be of varying widths and placed randomly throughout the mid-lengths and ends of the hair to create a sun-kissed look, giving the impression that you’ve just strolled off the beaches of Sao Paulo. Well, in the muggy streets of West London you probably won’t be fooling anyone, but what’s the harm in having nice hair?

And celebrities are even at it! Recently to have seen with a more sun kissed look is our own Kelly Brook, Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and Transformers actress Isabel Lucas.

Apparently the best way to wear this look is big and voluminous. "Don't be afraid of the straightening irons either," advises Simon. "You can achieve this carefree, sexy look no matter what Mother Nature blessed you with. It isn't about perfection – this is unstructured styling, loose fresh and ideal for a hot dry summer.

Wide-barreled tongs are the new GHDs so get to grips with them.” Whilst the thought tossing aside the GHDs is enough to make me grind my teeth whilst curled up in a ball and silently rocking, wide eyed in the corner, having recently made my own switch from brown with blonde highlights, (I was doing it before those Brazilians!) to plain old brown again, this has brought back pangs of blonde envy.

What it would be to have those honey and caramel tones seamlessly slotted into my own hair again, I bet you wouldn’t be able to distinguish me from the likes of Kelly Brook and Gisele (in the right light…)

But, let’s face it, it’s a recession, I’m barely have a penny to my name, and don’t really want a hair (geddit?) today, gone tomorrow dye job.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know If I said it already but ...This blog rocks! I gotta say, that I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks, :)

    A definite great read..Tony Brown

    ReplyDelete