Wednesday 27 July 2011

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 RTW

I recently saw a snippet of this collection from Love Maegan and like the magpie that I am it certainly got my attention!

Taking inspiration from 80s slightly kitsch, punk and rock and roll influencers like David Bowie and Adam Ant, the collection fused retro with modern to create a celestial filled extravaganza!

Mainly sticking to a muted black, white and grey colour palette pops of colour came through the accessories which were quite frankly, amazing!

Behold:



Zebra print, tiger prints and leopard prints, neon pinks, turquoise, stars, spangles and sequins, I love it all! The shoes are universally pointed, pin heels; meaning we can say a welcome 'adios' to sky high platforms in favour of a far more manageable, not quite so intimidating heel. Now I just need to work out how I could get my hands on some!

The clothing was certainly a bit hit and miss for me. Whilst I can't say I was much of a fan of some of the masculine tailored looks which I'm becoming a bit bored of seeing, certain pieces like the black lace and leoprint print sequins really got my attention, despite the shapes being ones we've seen from D&G numerous times before and them being draped over Victoria's Secret models who look good in bin liners! (Alessandra Ambrosio in particular is stunning!)

Here are a few of the highlights for me:



What did you make of this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment